We Can Help, Contact Us Today!
View Our Practice Areas

Posts tagged "spousal maintenance"

Child support - what happens if you fail to pay in Washington?

When someone fails to make court ordered child support payments, does not pay spousal maintenance or alimony, or fails to follow a parenting plan that person can be found in contempt. Contempt is intentional disobedience of any lawful judgment, decree, order, or process of the court. A party can be held in contempt of court if he or she refuses to follow the requirements of a temporary or a final order.

Federal benefits for same-sex marriages now that DOMA is repealed

Under the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), gay couples who were legally married in their states were not considered married in the eyes of the federal government and were ineligible for federal benefits that come with marriage. The repeal of DOMA, Section 3, means that our federal government now recognizes those same-sex unions. As this is a family law/divorce blog, a few of those benefits that pertain to those areas will be addressed here. 

Your Team Is Waiting, Contact Us Today

When you are ready to meet us, we will be ready to listen. Call us at 425-740-2209 or 888-298-1003 or fill out the form to schedule a time to meet with your team.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Send Your Message

Akiona Law, PLLC
3216 Wetmore Avenue
Suite 201
Everett, WA 98201

Toll Free: 888-298-1003
Phone: 425-740-2209
Everett Law Office Map