Remote Family Law Attorney (Everett, WA)
employment type: Remote
Akiona Law Divorce & Family Law Firm Seeking Rockstar Associate Attorney!
WE NEED YOUR HONEST ANSWERS TO THESE FOUR QUESTIONS!
- Do you love helping clients navigate the legal system with a Case Plan tailored to fit the unique facts of each client’s case?
- Do you take pride in producing high quality work and receiving the support of a Team who strives to help you accomplish that mission?
- Are you committed to practicing Family Law, including those cases involving “the good, the bad, and the ugly?”
- Are you a respectful, compassionate individual who prioritizes collaboration and communication?
The above questions align with our firm’s Mission Statement, which is to provide clients with updates, be timely, be responsive and provide excellent service! They also reflect our firm’s team Core Values and corresponding principles listed below:
- COMMUNICATION: Clarity. Understanding. Intentional.
- COLLABORATION: Strategize. Knowledge. Improvement.
- AKLAW HUI (“hoo-wee.” Hui means “Team” in Hawaiian). Appreciation. Respect. Encouragement.
- INTEGRITY: Transparent. Honest. Accountable.
- EXCELLENCE: High Quality. Intentional. Mindful.
- COMPASSION. Active Listening. Empowerment. Value.
If you answered “yes” to all four questions, you may be the Family Law Attorney to join our team of Rockstars!! We are a small, but busy and rapidly growing, Divorce & Family Law firm. We believe in the power of marketing, and, because of it, we are fortunate to have too much work and not enough team members! We are looking to immediately hire and onboard that Rockstar Associate Attorney who enjoys practicing Divorce/Family Law and creating strategic Case Plans for our amazing clients!
Our main office is in downtown Everett. Our primary client base is in Snohomish and King Counties. Don’t enjoy commuting to and from the office? Not a problem as the pandemic allowed us to shift our team to working remotely. We are continuing with remote work even with Washington State opening back up! Our attorneys come to the office when they have in-person court hearings or in-person client meetings.
If our Mission Statement and Core Values do not resonate with you; or, if you are just looking for a J.O.B to mindlessly pass the time, please go onto the next job ad. You will not enjoy working with us because we are not the right fit for you! If our Mission Statement and our Core Values resonate with you, you may be the Superstar Family Law Associate Attorney we are looking for!
What makes our Family Law team a team of Superstars is we believe no matter your job title, every person is equal and deserves the same level of attention, care and respect. Each Team member is productive and open to new ideas of increasing our efficiency and Culture. Our Team members constantly strive to learn, grow, and improve our skills and mindset through feedback and action! We encourage those Superstar Associate Attorneys to continue reading through our ad:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Detailed oriented
- Enjoys team approach;
- Communicates with mindfulness;
- Admit mistakes and learn from them;
- Ability to laugh at one’s self.
- Minimum two years’ family law experience;
- Contemporaneous, descriptive time-entries using a timer;
- Familiar with Snohomish County and/or King County local court rules; let us know if you are familiar with Island and Skagit County local court rules;
- Professional, ethical, courteous, accountable, and Team driven;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with case management and timekeeping software (we use PracticeMaster) and Microsoft Office suite (MS Word and Outlook).
- Engage in preliminary legal strategy sessions with clients to understand the facts and goals to prepare a Case Plan for each client;
- Case and staff management, such as engaging with the Legal Team to delegate tasks that align with client’s Case Plan to efficiently and effectively move client’s case forward;
- Assess the urgency of situations and determine accurate and appropriate actions;
- Communicate with clients and discuss options, strategies and solutions at key junctures of their case so they understand their options and make informed decisions;
- Prepare Family Law documents/pleadings; such as, petitions, summons, declarations (client, third party, attorney), parenting plans, child support orders, child support worksheets, responses, replies, motions, mediation and/or trial briefs/letters, trial preparation, etc.;
- Attend hearings, status conferences, mediations and trials primarily in Snohomish and King County Superior Courts. May also attend hearings, status conferences, mediations and trials in Island and Skagit County Superior Courts;
- Oversee and analyze discovery and legal pleadings drafted by the Legal Team and provide feedback and guidance to create excellent work product and streamlined processes;
- Negotiate settlements;
- Process time entries contemporaneously and prepare them pursuant to firm’s billing policies and procedures.
- Comply with all legal standards and Rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Engage with the Team to create a collaborative culture, including but not limited to, actively engaging and participating in Legal Team daily huddles, weekly firm meetings, quarterly meetings, annual meetings, Team building exercises, and firm growth building exercises/meetings;
- Actively participating in systemizing, developing, and refining the firm’s operating systems by drafting and/or updating the firm’s policies and procedures; including preparing examples, templates, scripts, diagrams, work-flows, and videos;
Qualified candidates will start off in a contract position to determine if we are a good fit for you and vice versa. Hourly pay is DOE. Potential for full-time employment exists for candidates whose mindset, values and habits align with firm’s culture.
To be considered for the Rockstar Associate Attorney position, you must send:
2) Cover letter describing your relevant experience and hourly pay expectations in PDF format;
3) Two – three work references (one being your direct supervisor/manager);
4) List of your Social Media handles.
If you do not follow these instructions, you will not be considered!
Please submit the above information here: https://akionalaw.hrpartner.io/jobs/family-law-associate-attorney-wdldb