Family Law Associate Attorney (Remote)
Everett, WA, United States
employment type: Remote
Akiona Law Divorce & Family Law Firm Seeking Rockstar Associate Attorney!
WE NEED YOUR HONEST ANSWERS TO THESE FOUR QUESTIONS!
- Do you love helping clients navigate the legal system with a Case Plan tailored to fit the unique facts of each client’s case?
- Do you take pride in producing high quality work and receiving the support of a Team who strives to help you accomplish that mission?
- Are you committed to practicing Family Law, including those cases involving “the good, the bad, and the ugly?”
- Are you a respectful, compassionate individual who prioritizes collaboration and communication?
The above questions align with our firm’s Mission Statement, which is to provide clients with updates, be timely, be responsive and provide excellent service! They also reflect our firm’s team Core Values and corresponding principles listed below:
- COMMUNICATION: Clarity. Understanding. Intentional.
- COLLABORATION: Strategize. Knowledge. Improvement.
- AKLAW HUI (“hoo-wee.” Hui means “Team” in Hawaiian). Appreciation. Respect. Encouragement.
- INTEGRITY: Transparent. Honest. Accountable.
- EXCELLENCE: High Quality. Intentional. Mindful.
- COMPASSION. Active Listening. Empowerment. Value.
If you answered “yes” to all four questions, you may be the Family Law Attorney to join our team of Rockstars!! We are a small, but busy and rapidly growing, Divorce & Family Law firm. We believe in the power of marketing, and, because of it, we are fortunate to have too much work and not enough team members! We are looking to immediately hire and onboard that Rockstar Associate Attorney who enjoys practicing Divorce/Family Law and creating strategic Case Plans for our amazing clients!
Our main office is in downtown Everett. Our primary client base is in Snohomish and King Counties. Don’t enjoy commuting to and from the office? Not a problem as the pandemic allowed us to shift our team to working remotely. We are continuing with remote work even with Washington State opening back up! Our attorneys come to the office when they have in-person court hearings or in-person client meetings.
If our Mission Statement and Core Values do not resonate with you; or, if you are just looking for a J.O.B to mindlessly pass the time, please go onto the next job ad. You will not enjoy working with us because we are not the right fit for you! If our Mission Statement and our Core Values resonate with you, you may be the Superstar Family Law Associate Attorney we are looking for!
What makes our Family Law team a team of Superstars is we believe no matter your job title, every person is equal and deserves the same level of attention, care and respect. Each Team member is productive and open to new ideas of increasing our efficiency and Culture. Our Team members constantly strive to learn, grow, and improve our skills and mindset through feedback and action! We encourage those Superstar Associate Attorneys to continue reading through our ad:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Detailed oriented
- Enjoys team approach;
- Communicates with mindfulness;
- Admit mistakes and learn from them;
- Ability to laugh at one’s self.
- Minimum two years’ family law experience;
- Contemporaneous, descriptive time-entries using a timer;
- Familiar with Snohomish County and/or King County local court rules; let us know if you are familiar with Island and Skagit County local court rules;
- Professional, ethical, courteous, accountable, and Team driven;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with case management and timekeeping software (we use PracticeMaster) and Microsoft Office suite (MS Word and Outlook).
- Engage in preliminary legal strategy sessions with clients to understand the facts and goals to prepare a Case Plan for each client;
- Case and staff management, such as engaging with the Legal Team to delegate tasks that align with client’s Case Plan to efficiently and effectively move client’s case forward;
- Assess the urgency of situations and determine accurate and appropriate actions;
- Communicate with clients and discuss options, strategies and solutions at key junctures of their case so they understand their options and make informed decisions;
- Prepare Family Law documents/pleadings; such as, petitions, summons, declarations (client, third party, attorney), parenting plans, child support orders, child support worksheets, responses, replies, motions, mediation and/or trial briefs/letters, trial preparation, etc.;
- Attend hearings, status conferences, mediations and trials primarily in Snohomish and King County Superior Courts. May also attend hearings, status conferences, mediations and trials in Island and Skagit County Superior Courts;
- Oversee and analyze discovery and legal pleadings drafted by the Legal Team and provide feedback and guidance to create excellent work product and streamlined processes;
- Negotiate settlements;
- Process time entries contemporaneously and prepare them pursuant to firm’s billing policies and procedures.
- Comply with all legal standards and Rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Engage with the Team to create a collaborative culture, including but not limited to, actively engaging and participating in Legal Team daily huddles, weekly firm meetings, quarterly meetings, annual meetings, Team building exercises, and firm growth building exercises/meetings;
- Actively participating in systemizing, developing, and refining the firm’s operating systems by drafting and/or updating the firm’s policies and procedures; including preparing examples, templates, scripts, diagrams, work-flows, and videos;
Qualified candidates will start off in a contract position to determine if we are a good fit for you and vice versa. Hourly pay is DOE. Potential for full-time employment exists for candidates whose mindset, values and habits align with firm’s culture.
To be considered for the Rockstar Associate Attorney position, you must send:
2) Cover letter describing your relevant experience and hourly pay expectations in PDF format;
3) Two – three work references (one being your direct supervisor/manager);
4) List of your Social Media handles.
If you do not follow these instructions, you will not be considered!
Family Law Legal Assistant (Part Time Or Full Time)
Everett, WA, United States
Akiona Law Divorce & Family Law Firm Seeking Rockstar Legal Assistant!
WE NEED YOUR HONEST ANSWERS TO THESE SIX JOB QUESTIONS!
- Are you a Rockstar Legal Assistant with superior organization and time-management skills looking to join a fast-paced Team where you can thrive?
- Are you north of Seattle and looking for a shorter commute?
- Are you professional and courteous to Team members, clients, potential clients and others?
- Do you see mistakes as opportunities for growth and self-improvement?
- Do you love taking initiative and have a positive attitude?
- Do you laugh at yourself and see humor under appropriate circumstances?
If you answered “yes” to all six of these questions, you may be the Rockstar Legal Assistant we are looking for! We are a small, but busy and rapidly growing, divorce & family law firm in downtown Everett. There are eight of us on our Team. Some team members work remotely, and some do a hybrid of remote and in office work. For the Legal Assistant position, we are looking for someone committed to working in-office.
The above six questions align with our firm’s team core values listed below:
Team Core Value 1
COMMUNICATION: Clarity. Understanding. Intentional.
We communicate to help us connect with one another, provide clarity and understanding, exchange meaningful information, share ideas, and identify opportunities for collaboration. We are present, mindful, and intentional in our communications with our Team members and our clients. We keep our Team members and clients “in the loop” about what we are working on, or what we are doing. We want our Team to feel their time is valuable, they are productive and efficient, and their activities/contributions are relevant.
Team Core Value 2
COLLABORATION: Strategize. Knowledge. Improvement.
“Two heads are better than one.” Two people thinking and working together can solve a problem and come up with better solutions than one person working alone! AkLaw Team members work together to learn, grow, and improve our skills and mindset through strategizing, providing encouraging and constructive feedback, and taking action. Each AkLaw Team member is dedicated to suggesting new ideas of increasing our efficiency, Customer Service, and Culture.
Team Core Value 3
AKLAW HUI (“hoo-wee”). Appreciation. Respect. Encouragement.
“Hui” means team in Hawaiian. At Akiona Law, all team members are of equal value and deserve the same level of care, respect and attention—regardless of their job title. We show appreciation and courtesy for our fellow Team members to cultivate and contribute to an atmosphere of mutual respect. In our interactions and relationships with our Team and others, we do not exaggerate or boast our own individual successes. Instead, we are quick to praise our Team’s contributions and successes. We lift each other up and support one another to best serve our clients, ourselves, and our Team.
Team Core Value 4
INTEGRITY: Transparent. Honest. Accountable.
Integrity means we are open and transparent in our actions and intentions. We do the right thing, even when it won’t be acknowledged by others. It’s imperative not to compromise our integrity—even in minor or trivial situations with no obvious negative consequences. We hold ourselves accountable to our fellow Team members. We accept when we are wrong, admit our mistakes, take ownership of their repercussions, and we provide an action plan for resolution!
Team Core Value 5
EXCELLENCE: High Quality. Intentional. Mindful.
High quality and perfection aren’t the same. High quality does not mean our work has to be perfect. It means we are getting the work done and we are doing it well! We set reasonable expectations for our clients and exceed them. We are present, mindful and intentional when working on a client’s matter. Little details matter to our clients. Our clients love it when we correctly spell their names and their children’s names. They notice when we don’t!
Team Core Value 6
COMPASSION. Active Listening. Empowerment. Value.
We are compassionate and engage in active listening with our clients. They are going through a painful and difficult time in their lives, and they may be emotionally reactive as they are upset, sad, or hurt. They are also probably anxious and fearful. We keep this in mind in dealing with our client and exercise kindness, patience, and tolerance. If we put our client’s needs first, the rest will follow. We put our clients’ needs first by actively providing them with information about their case. Our clients love to hear what we are doing to move their case forward! This helps in eliminating uncertainty for our clients, it empowers them, and it provides our clients with value, which equals excellent service!
Each AkLaw Team member is open to new ideas of increasing our efficiency and Culture. AkLaw Team members are committed to learning, growing and improving our skills and mindset through feedback and taking action.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Professional appearance and positive attitude;
- Active listener who independently and creatively problem solves for solutions;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Comfortable clarifying and verifying task priorities when given multiple assignments by different Team members;
- Confidently adapts, multitasks and works well under pressure and with deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Enjoys working independently with minimal supervision;
- Takes pride in producing high quality work product and is detail oriented;
- Intentionally and efficiently communicates with Team members, clients, potential clients and vendors;
- Ability to sort and prioritize client’s, potential client’s and vendor’s communications promptly;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite: MS Word and Outlook;
- Family law Legal Assistant with one-year (or more) experience or an Associate Degree.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet the occasional in-person client, potential client, opposing party/counsel, third party and/or vendor and determine purpose of in-person visit or phone call (if unscheduled);
- Review, respond and forward emails to appropriate parties and save received emails to client e-folder;
- Gather information from and follow up with clients, potential clients, opposing party/counsel, third parties, and vendors;
- Maintain office in a neat and tidy condition;
- Order, maintain and put away office supplies, restock copy machine with paper, organize office scratch paper for use in copy machine, change water cooler bottle, use disinfectant wipes to clean shared office equipment and wipe down commonly touched office surface areas daily with disinfectant wipes;
- Communicate with building management when services are needed;
- Actively engage in legal Team daily huddles and weekly firm meetings;
- Run errands as needed;
- Assist with special projects.
Assist Legal Team with the following Legal tasks:
- Prepare basic documents, court pleadings and correspondences;
- Proof read correspondence for grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and correct case number and parties;
- Print and copy documents, prepare documents for court filings (hard file and e-file), file documents at court, and e-file documents with court;
- Prepare pleadings/documents for e-service, U.S. mailing, and/or legal messenger service to opposing party/counsel and third parties
- Prepare legal messenger slips and correspondence transmittals.
Assist Legal Team with the following Administrative tasks:
- Contact legal messenger for personal service when necessary;
- Check legal messenger bin twice daily (AM & PM);
- Check mailbox daily (PM), date stamp incoming documents, scan and save all incoming documents to appropriate location, and contact appropriate Team member about same;
- Process outgoing mail;
- Utilize Odyssey to search for cases and download pleadings;
- File and circulate documents, arrange for recording documents in public record; obtain documents/files from courthouse or other locations, close client’s hard file, and save to client’s e-folder.
- Contemporaneous time keeping using Practice Master;
Assist Intake Specialist with the following Administrative tasks:
- Scheduling initial consultations and other appointments with attorneys
- Scheduling, coordinating and calendaring meetings and case deadlines in Firm’s calendars;
- Creating potential client’s and client’s e-folders;
- Data Entry.
- Suggest thoughtful gifts and “Thank You’s” to referrals and others who have gone out of their way to help us; or, for potential clients and clients in appropriate situations;
- Engage in Social Media in a positive and supporting role to the firm and to amplify the brand and amazing fun, vibrant Culture of the Firm.
- Create and engage in a Team approach to get more done in less time;
- Create efficiencies through developing and refining the Firm’s systems including, policies and procedures, examples, templates, scripts, diagrams, work-flows, and videos;
- Analyze statistical information to understand how we can be of maximum service to our clients and the time we spend doing same;
- Enjoys networking opportunities with colleagues and community members to build the reputation of Akiona Law and the Team in our community!
This is a full-time or part-time, in-office position; hourly pay DOE.
To be considered for the Rockstar Legal Assistant position, you must send:
- Cover letter describing your relevant experience and hourly pay expectations in PDF format.
- Two – three work references (one being your direct supervisor/manager);
- List of your Social Media handles.
If you do not follow these instructions, you will not be considered!